This section has links to stuff related to operating systems and such.
- English-Language Linux Distributions: List of some linux distros. I use this to find names of old distros to figure out their names, locate them and use.
- fsck.technology: Collection of OSes and software from various vendors. Has A/UX 0.7 source code.
- grumbeer.dyndns.org: Some distros. Appears to be old ones and has some like Blade and UBOS.
- pd.spuddy.org: Yggdrasil Linux CD-ROMs. Will need MS-DOS with CD-ROM support to view these and make a boot floppy with rawrite. Site also has some public domain CD images such as the 'Simtel-20 Archives' and 'The Complete GNU Software Library'.
- linux.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de: Has some historic Linux distros such as Erposs and LST.
- tenox.pdp-11.ru/: Some operating system archive. Also has apps and documentation.
- CTO: Operating Systems: A list of some OSes. Not just Linux ones as it has redirects for microkernel-based OSes (YCX2, chaOS, etc) and Unix/UNIX-like OSes (Lites, THix, etc).
- Server operating system technical comparison: Some other site for server OSes. Has info for OSes like BOS/360 and MCP.
- http://www.lugs.ch: A list of some Linux distros. Says Corel Linux is still active when it is not LOL.
- http://www.ossh.com: Some old Linux distros.
- www.linux-distros.com:Linux distro archive.
freshmeat.sourceforge.net/tags/operating-systems: Freecode (formerly Freshmeat). A place to get mainly open-source software for programmers and developers. Is only in an archived state but has 483 projects tagged "Operating Systems", 307 projects tagged "Linux Distributions" and many more.As of 2022 and on this page redirects to SourceForge. I guess they punted the dormant state and made the link go somewhere else .